Looking for a tasty / healthy option for lunch or dinner?
Check out this delicious recipe for Sweet Potato Black Bean Veggie Burgers courtesy of @karaelise
Amount per serving: Iron- 2mg, Calcium- 30mg, Vitamin C- 6mg, Vitamin - A2537IU, Sodium- 161mg, Cholesterol - 0mg, Protein- 4g, Sugar-1g, Fiber-6g, Carbs-17g, Fat-4g, Calories- 119
High in fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Iron, Calcium, Magnesium, and antioxidants with no cholesterol, or added sugar- these Black Bean Burgers pack a huge nutritional punch while also being very satisfying.
1 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and cut into cubes)
1 1/2 cups Black Beans (cooked, rinsed)
1 cup Kale Leaves (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Quick Oats
1 stalk Green Onion (chopped)
1 Garlic (clove, minced)
2 tsps Cumin
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 Avocado (optional, diced or mashed)
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the cubed sweet potato in a steamer basket over the boiling water and cover for about 10 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and mash the potatoes. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, add the black beans, kale, oats, green onion, garlic, cumin and sea salt. Pulse 6 or 7 times or until a coarse crumb forms. Do not over mix.
4. Add the bean and oat mixture into the mashed sweet potato and mix until combined. Scoop out roughly 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time and form into thin patties. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, carefully flipping halfway through. (The thinner the patty, the more evenly they cook and the easier they are to flip).
Serve on a bun, on top of a salad, or solo topped with avocado.
Store and reheat on the stove-top.